ICE RACING SERIES
ICE RACING RULES
The Ice Racing Series is subject to the general rules of the Rocky Motorcycle Club as the additional Rules laid out below.
- Chest Protector and winter goggles required at all times in all classes.
- All Motorcycles & ATV require Dead man Tether Killswitch 18″ or shorter. Tether must be a solid material. Start line testing of kill switches will be enforced at Race Officials discretion.
- SOLID FULL FRONT & REAR GUARDS Required on motorcycles, No exceptions. Failure to maintain guards will result in rejection from races or entire event. Guards are subject to inspection by CMA race officials.
- Side panel & Front Numbers required.
- Fueling of any machines must be done on a spill mat or inside of a trailer
- Ride within your skill level.
- ATVS – REQUIRE REAR BUMPER GUARDS. Guards are subject to inspection by CMA race officials.
- UTV Rear Bright Light – Solid or Flashing, to be mounted 4 feet or higher. Allows riders to see each other in snow dust white outs. Mandatory for the 2019 season.
- UTV upper door net must be securely fastened on the driver and passenger side (if carrying a passenger)
- UTV passengers must be a current RMC member and pay a daily race fee to be covered by insurance.
ICE RACING EVENTS
VARIOUS DATES & LOCATIONS
2021 OVAL ICE RACING SERIES
Sunday, January 24 - Mulhurst Bay
Sunday, January 31 (backup date*) - Mulhurst Bay
Sunday, February 7 - Mulhurst Bay
Sunday, February 14 - Sylvan Lake
Sunday, February 21 (backup date*) - Sylvan Lake
Sunday, February 28 - Sylvan Lake
*backup dates are scheduled, if needed
Riders Meeting 9:30am Sharp
Racing Starts 10:30am
No Concession On Site
Gate Fee $5/person -or- Max $15/truck load
OVAL ICE RACE ORDER
1) 450 Intermediate
2) OPEN Expert
3) 250 Novice
5) ATV 500 & Under Exp
6) Veteran 39+
7) ATV 500 & Under Novice/ Intermediate
8) ATV 500 & OVER Expert/Intermediate
9) Super Newb Bikes
10) ATV Non-Studded Ladies 2WD & 4WD
11) 250 Intermediate/OPEN Novice
13) 4WD Non-Studded Quad
14) 450 Expert
15) OPEN Intermediate
18) 450 Novice
19) ATV Non-Studded 2WD
20) ATV 500 & OVER Novice
21) Women Motorcycle
23) PeeWee/Youth Quad
24) ATV Exhibition
**Note that UTV classes will run all 3 heats for each class**
Heat #1 – UTV Open Studded. Race Order 4, 12, 16 – THEN 22 (>)850 Class – 26 Ladies Class
Heat #2 – Race Order 4 UTV 900-999 CLASS, 12 1000+ Class, 16 (>)850 Class, 22 Ladies Class, 26 900-999 Class
Heat #3 – Race Order 4 UTV 1000+ Class, 12 (>)850 Class, 16 Ladies Class, 22 900-999 Class, 26 1000+ Class
*** 850cc and under class stock units only*** 900-999cc class naturally aspirated machines only***
** Race order subject to race day changes due to Racers entered in each class**