ICE RACING SERIES
ICE RACING RULES
The 2019 Race Season is Run by the Rocky Motorcycle Club under CMA Sanction. The Ice Racing Series is subject to the general rules of the Rocky Motorcycle Club, CMA Official Ice Racing and Sportsman Rules as well as the additional Rules laid out below.
CMA Official Ice Racing and Sportsman Rules rules can be found at https://www.motorcyclingcanada.ca/
- Chest Protector and winter goggles required at all times in all classes.
- All Motorcycles & ATV require Dead man Tether Killswitch 18″ or shorter. Tether must be a solid material. Start line testing of kill switches will be enforced at Race Officials discretion.
- SOLID FULL FRONT & REAR GUARDS Required on motorcycles, No exceptions. Failure to maintain guards will result in rejection from races or entire event. Guards are subject to inspection by CMA race officials.
- Side panel & Front Numbers required.
- Fueling of any machines must be done on a spill mat or inside of a trailer
- Ride within your skill level.
- ATVS – REQUIRE REAR BUMPER GUARDS. Guards are subject to inspection by CMA race officials.
- UTV Rear Bright Light – Solid or Flashing, to be mounted 4 feet or higher. Allows riders to see each other in snow dust white outs. Mandatory for the 2019 season.
- UTV upper door net must be securely fastened on the driver and passenger side (if carrying a passenger)
- UTV passengers must be a current RMC member and pay a daily race fee to be covered by insurance.
ICE RACING EVENTS
VARIOUS DATES & LOCATIONS
2020 ALBERTA OVAL ICE RACING CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES
Sunday, January 19 - Mulhurst Bay CANCELLED
Sunday, January 26 - LOCATION PENDING (Mulhurst Bay or backup location at Gull Lake - watch for details)
Sunday, February 2 - Parkland Beach
Sunday, February 16 - Nationals Sylvan Lake
Sunday, February 23 - Sylvan Lake
Riders Meeting 9:30am Sharp
Racing Starts 10:30am
No Concession On Site
Gate Fee $5/person -or- Max $15/truck load
OVAL ICE RACE ORDER
1) 450 Intermediate
2) OPEN Expert
3) 250 Novice
5) ATV 500 & Under Exp
6) Veteran 39+
7) ATV 500 & Under Novice/ Intermediate
8) ATV 500 & OVER Expert/Intermediate
9) Super Newb Bikes
10) ATV Non-Studded Ladies 2WD & 4WD
11) 250 Intermediate/OPEN Novice
13) 4WD Non-Studded Quad
14) 450 Expert
15) OPEN Intermediate
18) 450 Novice
19) ATV Non-Studded 2WD
20) ATV 500 & OVER Novice
21) Women Motorcycle
23) PeeWee/Youth Quad
24) ATV Exhibition
**Note that UTV classes will run all 3 heats for each class**
Heat #1 – UTV Open Studded. Race Order 4, 12, 16 – THEN 22 (>)850 Class – 26 Ladies Class
Heat #2 – Race Order 4 UTV 900-999 CLASS, 12 1000+ Class, 16 (>)850 Class, 22 Ladies Class, 26 900-999 Class
Heat #3 – Race Order 4 UTV 1000+ Class, 12 (>)850 Class, 16 Ladies Class, 22 900-999 Class, 26 1000+ Class
*** 850cc and under class stock units only*** 900-999cc class naturally aspirated machines only***
** Race order subject to race day changes due to Racers entered in each class**